Announcing VIVO Camp, a training event in Albuquerque,
New Mexico, April 6-8, 2017
The VIVO Project will hold its inaugural, multi-day training event designed specifically for new and prospective users. VIVO Camp will be held April 6-8, 2017 at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. Over two and a half days, VIVO Camp will start with an introduction to VIVO and gradually develop a comprehensive overview by exploring these topics:
- VIVO features
- Examples and demos of VIVO including customizations
- Representing scholarship
- Loading data
- Introduction to the ontologies
- Managing a VIVO project
- Engaging communities
- Using VIVO resources
Participants can expect to gain a broad understanding of all aspects of implementing VIVO, including scoping and planning, development and data ingest, user engagement and customizations. This event will be an opportunity to meet and consult with key VIVO community members and to benefit from the experience of many successful VIVO implementations. The curriculum will include multiple opportunities to address current challenges, so participants will be instructed in advance to bring specific problems and implementation barriers to VIVO Camp.
VIVO Camp instructors provide years of experience holding VIVO events, managing VIVO implementations, and participating in the VIVO community.
- Paul Albert, Weill Cornell Medical College serves as chair of the VIVO IMplementation Interest Group
- Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director and served as the principal investigator at the University of Florida on the NIH grant to create the VIVO community
- Violeta Ilik, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University serves as program chair for the 2017 VIVO Conference
- Graham Triggs, VIVO Technical Lead
- Julia Trimmer, Duke University manages the Scholars@Duke team and serves as the Co-Lead of the VIVO Outreach and Engagement Interest Group
Join us in April to learn all about VIVO and consult with this group of VIVO experts. Registration is limited and you must register by February 17 to reserve your place at VIVO Camp! Registration will open in early January.