SirsiDynix Docutek ERes™ 5.6 Released
New release of e-reserves system supports streaming media and
new Copyright Clearance Center API
PROVO, Utah - SirsiDynix, the world leader in library automation technology, is excited to announce the release of SirsiDynix Docutek ERes™ 5.6. ERes is used by over 400 academic and special libraries to allow controlled, web-based access to their electronic course reserve materials on a 24/7 basis.
ERes 5.6 further enhances this product by incorporating a number of key updates, including:
- Streaming Media – Faculty and staff can now provide access to audio and video files that are restricted by publishers to streaming instead of downloading. Each audio or video file can be designated to allow downloading or be restricted to streaming via the built in streaming media player.
- Improved User Interface – The new window-inside-a-window design keeps the user screen clutter-free. System Configuration pages have been modified to make navigation easier.
- Copyright Clearance Center Interface Update – This includes enhancements that enable the ERes system to interface with the Copyright Clearance Center’s new, more robust API.
- MIME Type Management – The new MIME Type Manager simplifies the management of different MIME types within the course reserve materials.
- Other enhancements include increased security via encrypted cookies, improved error handling, and direct uploading of attachments.
Talin Bingham, SirsiDynix Chief Technology Officer, stated that, ”By adding the combination of streaming digital media and encrypted cookies to ERes, we have been able to make electronic reserve materials more secure than ever before, while maintaining the ease of access by those who are authorized to use the materials.”