Call for Papers for LIS'2017
Die Einreichung von Beiträgen ist jetzt möglich
The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS'2017) is held in conjunction with the European Conference on Data Analysis on 27./28. September 2017 at the Wroclaw University of Economics, Wroclaw, Poland.
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS'2017) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open access to classification systems: how can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (e.g. faceted classification and linked data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, subject indexing and the semantic web (e.g. taxonomies and semantic web ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in classification and subject indexing (e.g. mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit an abstract via the conference website from 1.3.2017:
All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Please note that the abstract submission deadline is 10.6.2017.
Accepted contributed and invited presentations may be published as post conference peer-reviewed full papers in the open access e-journal Archives of Data Science.
In addition a selected number of peer-reviewed papers will be published in a Special Issue of the Journal Advances in Data Analysis and Classification (ADAC).
June 10, 2017:
July 10, 2017:
July 31, 2017:
Sept 27-29, 2017:
Nov 20, 2017:
Abstract submission deadline
Notification of acceptance of abstracts
Early registration deadline
Full paper submission deadline for Archives of Data Science